We’re currently putting a series of half-day (2-3 hours), photo and video shoots starting mid-May in Johannesburg for Airbnb's Experiences.
The price is $300 per shoot. We try to stack at least two per day to make it worthwhile financially.
If chosen, you are contracted and paid directly by Airbnb.
We need to provide, at a minimum, three prospective candidates capable of shooting both video and photo for Airbnb to fully vet before approval.
For us to put forward your candidacy for this series of shoots, we need to know the following:
1) Your availability starting from May 15th?
2) Are you or your team capable of shooting both photo and video? Are you shooting on Canon, Nikon, or Sony DSLRs or Cine-grade cameras?
3) Do you agree to provide all deliverables, including photos, raw video, release forms and call sheets, no later than one day after the shoot? All supporting documentation is processed within 24 hours post-shoot - no exceptions.
4) Rough deliverables are 100 photos and 10 minutes of video — we’ll provide a full shot list for both video and photo.
5) Photo technical specifications: Mix of both vertical and horizontal outputted at both RAW +.jpg.
6) Video technical specifications: Vertically shot; Sound - external shotgun mic (no camera mic); Frame Rate - 23.98fps (might have to reformat your memory cards to NTSC to get FPS--depends upon your camera); Codec - H.264/MPEG-4; Resolution - 1080p is required minimum.
Transterra Profile. For our client to choose the right candidate, we will need to provide them a link to your profile on Transterra Media. Your profile will need to have a profile picture, full bio, uploaded sample media, and current work that you would like to highlight.
Business Website. You will also need to provide your business website as an additional reference.
Sample Shoot. If short-listed for this video series, we will ask you to provide us some sample footage and photos. Because this video series is for mobile devices, shoot all video vertically. So, we'll ask you to provide a quick 2-3 minutes of raw video clips shot vertically, alongside 10-15 photos shot both vertically and horizontally. If short-listed, we'll provide you more information on what we're expecting before you do this test series.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please be in touch with me directly with any questions you might have. We will provide a short-list of candidates on a rolling basis throughout this week (May 14 - 21). So, try and get everything up to date this week on your profile.
If you are unable to fulfill these scheduling requirements, we completely understand. But if you are interested in future opportunities for brand-related video and photo content, please be in touch.
If short-listed, we'll provide you an NDA followed by an open contract specifically for this client. Following the legal procedures, we'll provide shooting schedules, shot list, deliverables, and contact information of your subject matter, as well as release forms: appearance, artwork, and location.
If you are not located in South Africa or in the region, update your profile location for future opportunities.
Other articles in this category
07 Jul 2020 on